Other Membership Options
The AMCNO also offers membership options to groups, allied professionals and practice managers. For more information on other AMCNO dues options, see below.
AMCNO Group Members
The AMCNO has group due options available for targeted groups in the Northern Ohio community. For more information on Group Dues, contact the AMCNO Membership Department at 216.520.1000, ext. 101.
Active Limited Membership
This membership is available to physicians who are:
- full-time employees of any government agency and who receive no significant compensation from private practice of medicine
- engaged in full-time scientific research in connection with an accredited institution of learning and receive no significant compensation from the private practice of medicine
- engaged in postgraduate training in an institution approved for such training by the accreditation council for graduate medical education and who provide no direct patient care.
This membership is available to the following:
- a physician who resides or is employed in northern Ohio who may or may not be licensed in Ohio and who is not actively practicing medicine; or, upon invitation, a person holding a PhD degree or equivalent working in a field allied of medicine
- a full time teacher of medicine of the arts and sciences allied to medicine who is not a holder of a degree of doctor of medicine
- a doctor of medicine not fully licensed to practice medicine in the state of Ohio who is engaged in Ohio in research, public health or administrative medicine
- a podiatrist/dentist that is not part of a corporate/group membership category of the AMCNO.
These individuals are eligible to become members of AMCNO upon application and approval by the membership committee.
Those individuals who are employees of physician members of AMCNO are eligible to become associate members upon application and approval by the membership committee. Associate members of AMCNO may attend meetings of the association with the sponsoring physician representative but do not have the right to make a motion, vote or hold office in this association.
If you are interested in pursuing one of the above membership options and still have questions, please contact the AMCNO membership staff at 216.520.1000, ext. 101.