The AMCNO has a working relationship with CGS, Ohio’s Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) for Jurisdiction 15. The AMCNO sits on the CGS Provider Advisory Council which meets quarterly to address physician specific issues and learn about recent Medicare updates.
Listed below are links to CGS and other Medicare-related links.
- CGS, Ohio’s Medicare Administrative Contractor (Jurisdiction 15)
- Current Ohio Part B Local Coverage Determinations
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) website
If you aren’t registered for the CGS ListServ, you may not have all the latest information concerning Medicare. CGS is committed to continuous communication, and the AMCNO encourages you to take advantage of this free service. Click here to sign up and select your areas of interest.
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) was signed into law on April 16, 2015. Primarily, it establishes new ways to pay physicians who care for Medicare Part B beneficiaries. MACRA’s value-based payment programs will be based on two new reimbursement structures: the Merit-Based Incentive Payments System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Models (APMs). These changes will determine payment starting in 2019.
Below are links to organizations that have webpages dedicated specifically to MACRA. Click on the links to learn more about it.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement (NRHI)
- Ohio Academy of Family Physicians (OAFP)
- MACRA Update
- CMS Changes MACRA Regulations Based on Physicians' Concerns
- An Introduction to MACRA
- Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) Overview