Who We Are
Who We Are
The Academy of Medicine of Cleveland & Northern Ohio (AMCNO) is the region’s professional medical association. We are a non-profit, 501 (c) 6 organization representing Northeastern Ohio's medical community.
The AMCNO is an independent, regional organization representing physicians across Northern Ohio. Historically, we are the oldest professional organization in the State of Ohio, originally formed as the 19th Medical District of Ohio in 1824. Our bylaws allow us to accept physician members, associate members, group members, resident members, medical student members and other categories from all of the contiguous counties in Northern Ohio.
With a membership of more than 5,000 physicians, the AMCNO is one of the largest regional medical associations in the country. Our membership volume strengthens our ability to advocate on behalf of the physicians in Northern Ohio. The AMCNO is the only regional medical organization that represents the interests of physicians in the Northern Ohio community. We are the VOICE of physicians in Northern Ohio, an organization with a rich history of working on behalf of physicians and the patients they serve for 190 years--a legacy equaled by no other physician organization in Ohio.
The Academy of Medicine of Cleveland & Northern Ohio supports physicians in being strong advocates for all patients and promotes the practice of the highest quality of medicine.
What We Do
- Legislative advocacy: The AMCNO represents physicians before the Ohio General Assembly, State Medical Board, and other state and federal regulatory boards.
- Provide legal counsel, contract and practice review, insurance services, practice promotion tools, and investment options.
- Keep members informed of changes and developments in the medical community through our magazine, the Northern Ohio Physician; a weekly email news bulletin; quarterly practice management newsletter and our website www.amcno.org.
- Cultivate media relations within the community to keep the issues of importance to organized medicine at the forefront.
- Provide education opportunities and programs, and patient referral.
- Offer community services such as physician referral and the Pollen Line.
- Provide access to legislators for our members through our website, along with other timely information.
- Work collaboratively with hospital chiefs of staff, community organizations and other associations in Northeastern Ohio and Columbus.
The Academy of Medicine of Cleveland & Northern Ohio
Elayne R. Biddlestone, Executive Vice President/CEO
6100 Oak Tree Blvd., Suite 440, Cleveland, Ohio 44131
Phone: 216.520.1000 • Fax: 216.520.0999
email@example.com • www.amcno.org